
Well it is true that there are many marathons being run in the Czech Republic these days which is normal. Our CBM Young Adult Mission that arrives next week will even be participating in the local Terry Fox Marathon! But yesterday was truly a day that I am sure I could not repeat too often! Two countries, two cities, two ministries and two Czech brothers all in one day! Yesterday began a day where I brought the two directors of our ministry in Litomerice to come and visit a Polish Baptist Church in Glogow where they conduct a language school to some 300 students with 14 Polish staff out of their Baptist Church. I wanted to bring these two ministries together for mutual encouragement and a chance for my Czech brothers Robert and Martin to capture the vision for development of our language program in Litomerice. After 12 hours of driving through torrential rains and hail storms in Germany and in Poland, long border waits and visiting two separate cities we were amazed at what our Polish brothers were doing to reach into their community! The main church in Glogow has grown in the past 7 years from a church of 20 people to over 100 and reaches countless families through their language outreach programs in a tiny church building. The daughter church is based on a coffee house model that is planted in a high rise district of Luben that has 30,000 people living around them. They have also started language school and a professional cafe that reaches out to many people. It was an exciting day and the conversation back in the car was animated and enthusiasm reigned as we dreamed for the future of Bethel House of Christian Help in Litomerice.
1 comment:
What can I say! Wunderbar! Praise God for the expansion of His kingdom in Poland! And thank God for his tireless workers like Jeff Carter!
Linda
Post a Comment