Sunday, June 3, 2007

Another Little Step...

Yesterday Bonnie and Matthew and I made the three hour trek to Janske Lazne weaving through mountain villages to get to the therapy center where Deann and Zachary are staying. Zachary proudly showed some of his new mobility and he so far can stand and shuffle his feet ahead or back one step. To other seemingly little progress but a huge victory. I think we are many weeks if not months from being able to walk. It is hard to see or imagine that a couple months have gone since his surgery and he was running and kicking a soccer ball at school. Anyway he was in good spirits. Deann is tired but reported that the new ear plugs I gave her last night were a gift from above! She slept through the night for first time and felt much more like she could tackle the day. Today is our BBQ and reception for the EBF Youth Leadership Institute and people will be starting class tomorrow morning... there are more than a few details to attend to!

No comments: