One of those "moments" that make you think...Yesterday I had to get the car fixed and realized when they gave me the estimate that it was going to be a serious repair on the front wheels and shocks. When I finally got the car back I was pleasantly surprised that they had detailed the car and at first when I went with the Skoda service rep to look for my car I could not find it! When I had driven it in, it was covered in road dirt from wet muddy roads and was looking almost as bad inside I had to admit (with two kids believe me it just goes with the territory). Anyway I got behind the wheel of a shiny, clean car and noticed they had even cleaned out the air vents so that the fan defrost worked like new (no more whiny noises). Then driving it home I was pleasantly surprised how nicely it drove again. In my mind the car had not been that bad off before I dropped it off... but after getting it back restored I realized how badly things had been let to go. The reality is that in life we can get "satisfied" or even "used" to the way things are and even consider them normal or preferable. But after a overhaul in our lives (like my car) we can realize that we just let things go a little too long without maintenance and regular check ups. It was a sobering thought but a timely one. PS The car above in the picture is NOT our car but a photo of the model! :)
3 comments:
Ah. I love the way the Lord speaks to us. At Bible study we have been discussing how God speaks to us. I will have to share this story with the wonderful Seniors at the nursing home. Thanks Bev
Your car looks great, good thing its not in Moncton or you wouldn't find it under the snow.
Still praying for you.
John and Jane
An excellent analogy. Sometimes we take better care of our cars or homes than our spiritual lives.Time for spring cleaning!
Linda
Post a Comment