The day after I arrived a good old fashioned "Nor Easter" snow storm hit the whole Atlantic Sea board. Frigid temperatures and drifting snow did not keep our committee from meeting despite some arriving late. This body represents leaders from across the Baptist world and we heard report after report of exciting things and needs from each of the continents with the exception of South America. I am a member at large so enjoy the privilege of sitting and hearing these wonderful stories and to meet the new leaders of their national movements. I was able to share about HORIZONS the training program we are developing and was surprised at how this whole program could go "global" with the interest from the other nations. So we will see how the EBF fares and how we can get the kink's ironed out of it and then release it perhaps to a broader audience. We celebrated the last World Baptist Youth Conference in Leipzig and there was talk about the next one to be decided in the next 6 months. The work never ends! I am flying home tonight and will arrive home tomorrow morning. Blessings and thanks for your prayers for us and our health as I and the family back home continue to battle to be healthier.
If you are interested more in reading about the BWA and the recent meetings you can link to this BLOG... http://bwaexecutive2009.blogspot.com
No comments:
Post a Comment