Thursday, July 30, 2009

Iceland....!

I am sitting the the waiting area in the international airport in Iceland en route to Halifax. Facinating what little I have seen and read of this country. They have formally entered the process to join the European Union... so they may take a few years but likely could be the 28th country to join. Iceland has had a rough time with the country officially being the first to declare bankruptcy... they recently elected a socialist government... so I am sure it will make the world news from time to time... it would be interesting to come back here and visit this tiny country. The conferences are over (the BWA wraps up tomorrow I believe). Good meetings with the BWA Youth Executive meeting and again a lot of interest and support from the various representatives from across the globe. Vasko has gone ahead and is now already a few days in Canada he will join us for the last leg of our 'tour de Canada´..... prayers for me to do a quick turn around on jet lag!

No comments: