Dutch Baptist Assembly
It has been a great weekend. I was invited to be the plenary speaker for the Dutch Baptist Union assembly held in the North of Holland. There was great enthusiasm and kindness towards my talk and I was particularly touched by the hospitality of my hosts. Anne DeVries has been my host here as I stay in his home and I have fallen in love with this country! Yesterday was the main talk where I shared the vital nature of reaching out to youth of the 21st century and how churches need to get on board and realize the urgency of working with youth. This is particularly important with the Dutch Baptists as there no coordinated work with youth and leadership development since their main youth organization crumbled many years ago due to the pulling of government funding. So in many ways the timing was poignant and crucial. Pray for the Dutch Baptists and that they will be able to rebuild a youth work. Today was a HORIZONS workshop and they have decided to adopt HORIZONS and translate it into Dutch.
No comments:
Post a Comment