Friday, October 1, 2010

Sabbatical Journey

Today begins my "sabat" where I hope to do some very long put off reading, refreshing my mind and some writing.  These are the things that get put off in the days of "busy" and yet are so needed when it comes to preparing oneself when teaching, putting out all the time... sometimes you just need to take time to "recharge".  I am grateful that CBM allows this into our work time from time to time.  I have not had a sabbatical period since 2001, so its been a long time coming.  The time will go fast and there will be much to do.

Of course I want to stay in touch with our faithful Blog followers so I'll be likely writing some thoughts "along my sabbatical journey"... not so much about "ministry" but about my reflections.... if that is of interest I'll gladly keep posting them for those who might find them interesting.  For those praying for our ministry please pray for HORIZONS and the IBTS students who are studying English this term.

So see you soon on the Sabbatical Journey

Jeff

No comments: