As part of my final days of my sabbatical this weekend I am spending with Dr. Leslie Francis (Bangor University in Wales). Dr. Leslie has published in dozens of areas of academic areas and one of them happens to be in the area of youth studies. Alongside of being a renowned professor he is a vicar of a quaint little church in the foothills in the Welsh countryside. These are some photos of his church from this mornings worship. I was able to join in some conversations with some colleagues and students of Leslie's last night over a wonderful meal in his home. It has been encouraging to be able to share my story with Dr. Francis and the others in his group and to share the scope of the passion and work that I have been called to work in with the EBF. It is regenerating and stimulating to be in that kind of atmosphere it makes me all the more excited to return back to the work and continue on in what we have been building here. I am home long enough to help put up the Christmas tree and then I'll be off to Canada for 6 days to speak to some participants at the Canadian Youth Network Conference in Toronto and a day in Halifax for a meeting. Then home to Prague for a wonderful Christmas with my wonderful lovely family... these are good days....
No comments:
Post a Comment