Sunday, February 6, 2011

The storm is past...

While the intensives continue at IBTS this week my MTh course finished Friday after a two week period so now only need to lecture weekly to the Certificate students now. The Masters course went well, the students were visibly exhausted since some were taking multiple courses and they were going dawn till dusk (or beyond). I remember being younger and driving myself like that at university, I sure would not relish it now! Our snow literally disappeared overnight and now we have freakish warm weather (+9) so it's been a welcome break from a long hard winter. Matthew pumped up his bike tired and motored around the neighborhood on clear roads that days ago were covered in snow and ice!
My dad had a birthday this week and I was reminded again at how fast time flies! We learned of some collegues leaving CBM after 13 years and I thought what a long time that was till I reflected we are almost up to our 10th year on the field and it seems like a heartbeat!
We really are like snow... Fleeting and only here for a season.

2 comments:

John and Jane Weiler said...

If you really miss the snow, we have about 5 feet on our front law. A neighbour shovelled off our roof all the roofs have about 3-4 feet on them. tell the boys to enjoy the bike ride.
God Bless
Love and prayers
Jane

Unknown said...

Wow. sounds like some nice weather. We are really just getting the snow now. Congratulations on the upcoming 10 years! That's exciting.