Acadia Divinity College Youth Leader/Students
Last night was a fun night of memories of the past two weeks as we celebrated over a last night together at at a Czech restaurant in Old Town square. The Acadia students who have been with us for the past two weeks have had a FULL schedule and by all reports seemed to enjoy it and some have been deeply impacted. I think that what impressed me the most about this particular group was the willingness to take some risk and come out of their comfort zones. They had a course together with 11 European and Middle Eastern youth leaders and then they were off to visit those same participants in their local contexts. Then back to Prague for a short two days tour to get exposed to the wonders of Central Europe. So there was lively dinner conversation and our family was able to join in the celebration and both Matthew and Zachary had some laughs surrounded by a bunch of crazy Canadian youth pastors! I just dropped them at the airport a half hour ago and as I reflect on the intense preparations and planning it took to make this whole experience "flow".... it has been worth every second to hear some of the reflections that people had. I know on this end my European and Middle Eastern friends are also experiencing some "loss" and fond memories as well. So there will be many conversations over what has happened. What a rich and wonderful time its been! |
No comments:
Post a Comment