Sunday, October 30, 2011

Return to Bolivia - for a while..

Tomorrow begins a long day of travel as I set out to Bolivia after a 23 year absence!  Tony Peck the General Secretary for the European Baptist Federation jokingly said are we adding Bolivia to the EBF now?  I am going for 10 days to speak and teach in four or five locations.  My primary speaking will be at the Congress of Youth for Bolivian Baptists in Cochabamba.  Then I will be doing workshops for Horizons in other cities. It will be amazing to be back after such a long time.  The last time I went was as one of the first volunteers from CBM in 1989 (called Canadian Baptist Volunteers or CBV.  I spent close to four months there and really had a life changing time there.  Much has changed I have been told and when I consider how much has changed in Prague in 20 years I can only imagine how much Bolivia has changed.   Will try to report as I can if I have internet access. As always prayers for travel, health and safety are always appreciated and for the same for Deann and the boys.

No comments: