Monday, October 15, 2012

A Week in Palestine

This past week I have been in Palestine preaching in churches and doing Horizons training seminars.  I have not been to vocal about this for reasons of security and sensitivity to our brothers and sisters that work in this sensitive area.  I can say that the four churches that minister in the area are so vibrant and the believers are so incredibly faithful.  My host Michael Kakish taught me so much about sacrificial service and a dedication to reach out in this area of the world.  Not only did I have a chance to share the Arabic version of Horizons and words of encouragement but I made some great friends and contacts for future endeavours.  It will take me a few days to process this experience.

It was emotional at times, to experience life behind "the wall" and to observe the challenges of daily life for these dear people.  Pray for the those believers in Palestine that they will be able to continue to be the true witness as a light on a hill.  When I get to thinking that we have understood sacrifice and dedication, I will be reminded of the way in which the believers in these areas show acts of mercy and kindness and charity to those that live around them.  Even to those who hate them.  I pray that my journey will have sown some seeds for future endeavours and ongoing encouragement to my new brothers and sisters.

No comments: