Monday, May 11, 2015

Here There and Everywhere!

Its been a busy past few weeks!  I had the privilege of speaking to the Hungarian Baptist Pastors annual conference on Technology, Youth and the Gospel.  Then attending celebrations on behalf of the EBF at the 110th anniversary of the State recognition of the Baptists by the Hungarian government.  Following that I was able to meet the new youth secretary for the union and plan a Horizons Live weekend in October.



The whole experience was a very exciting one as I witnessed the change that is happening within society and the growth of the Baptist Union.  They are not involved in schools as the state has given over eduction to churches.  This of course has its growing pains and there is a lot to do with this new responsibility but they want to do it well.  The Hungarians were so hospitable and were so kind.

This past weekend I was playing host to our Youth and Children Executive committee here in Prague in my home.  It was wonderful to meet new team members and to join together face to face to get to know each other better.  We have an awesome team that I know will work very well together.  We will be hosted by France for our January conference and will be in the city of Lyon!  The theme will be about developing in reflecting the character of Christ and avoiding the pitfalls of burn out.  I am blessed to work with Bob Morris (Chair), Morten Ohrn, Filip Grujic, Yanita Georgieva and Josfin Lamas.


On a personal note I have been diagnosed with a large kidney stone that has to be removed in the next three weeks.  With the impending Acadia/EBF Youth conference, Zachary's graduation, packing and leaving for Canada in just over three weeks... well you know what to pray for!

No comments: