
The International Baptist Youth Leadership Course is off to a good start here in Elstal Germany. We had a full day yestersday with some excellent teaching and a good bunch of students. We faced a challenge the first day when we realized that 6 Nigerians, and an equal amount of students from India and a South African where denied entry visa's into Germany effectively dropping our numbers by half. We have two fellows from Cameroon and the rest are from Europe or the Middle East. Nonetheless we are thrilled for the ones that have made it and we are making fast friends. Leszek Wakula last night (above) brought us our first plenary on The Image of God: The Character of a Leader. In case you think we did not have enough chairs the ice breakers organized by the Polish delegates had us searching for, well shall we say softer seats! Deann and the kids are doing well. Thanks for your prayers everyone it is important to us a
nd much appreciated.... oh and the German word above is Church Youth Work don't you love how the Germans can run so many words together into one?
2 comments:
Thanks for this update on your course. I shall pray for its fruitfulness.
P.S. German's a great language! I am a bit rusty these days but I used to speak German quite well.
Whoops! I forgot to sign my last posting.
Linda Baier
Post a Comment