Sunday, March 23, 2008

Christ is Risen... He is Risen Indeed!







The boys had a ball searching for some hidden treats this morning from the ubiquitous Easter Bunny. The chocolate was flowing today! This morning was a wonderful service at our church where there was a spirit of celebration and joy surrounding the risen saviour! The children made a reproduction of the garden of gesthemene and a empty tomb while the service was being made. The worship was so uplifting followed by a communion in the spirit of the early anabaptist tradition (in a circle). The children where given bread at communion as well and were able to dip it in milk and honey to symbolize coming into the land of the people of Israel. It was all very moving and symbolic. I have been more tired than late emotionally as I have been doing a lot of "creating" and writing for various articles and courses etc. My brain has been weary but today was great to relax a bit (and even nap later today) now I am hitting the screen for some final inspiration as I write a Mosiac lead article due in a couple days. In fact space has been saved for it as it was due a few days ago (may Laurena's name be blessed for her patience). Its amazing how a little rest is good for ths soul and the mind. May everyone have a blessed Easter Monday and enjoy some well deserved rest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum Yum the chocolate looks good. Sounds like Matthew and Zachary had a great time. The church service sounds like it would be uplifting. We had almost a full church at New Cornwall church at 7 am. We both had a nap when we came home. I spent the afternoon at the Nursing Home visiting. It is always great to learn from the seniors. God Bless. Bev and Donnie

Anonymous said...

Have just visited your blog for the first time. I read back all the way to early in January, but now time for bed. We have a ladies' breakfast coming up at our Baptist Church in Carleton Place and I have been asked to do a short bit on one of our missionaries. I have chosen the Carters and so I have been trying to learn as much as I can. I was looking specifically find what had happened to Deann's back originally. Along the line, I discovered that both Zachary and Matthew had had problems in the past as well. I still have more homework to do, it is obvious. In the meantime, I will be praying for you with renewed fervour. In Christ our Lord, Pat