Ok for the first time in several years we actually have snow when Canada has snow! A good 5 cm to 8 cm has fallen in the past 24 hours and its beginning to look a lot like Christmas! :) We usually do not get snow until January or February and even then maybe a total of 20 to 30 cm's total for the winter! People use brooms rather than shovels for the little snow we get. The roads are treacherous here and when we saw salt trucks out (a rarity) we knew that something was coming! People here are not used to snow driving and I am sure there will be a report of a rash of highway accidents and fender benders and people will be driving too fast for the conditions. I am relieved that I got our snow tires on (many will be caught without having put tires on yet). I am preaching tomorrow at our church here in Prague where we attend. Its the first time I have preached here in the Czech in seven years as opposed to preaching all over Europe (and Canada). We are all well and celebrated Deann's birthday over the past two days. Back at it... now where is that snow shovel... I mean broom?
Saturday, November 22, 2008
SNOW???
Ok for the first time in several years we actually have snow when Canada has snow! A good 5 cm to 8 cm has fallen in the past 24 hours and its beginning to look a lot like Christmas! :) We usually do not get snow until January or February and even then maybe a total of 20 to 30 cm's total for the winter! People use brooms rather than shovels for the little snow we get. The roads are treacherous here and when we saw salt trucks out (a rarity) we knew that something was coming! People here are not used to snow driving and I am sure there will be a report of a rash of highway accidents and fender benders and people will be driving too fast for the conditions. I am relieved that I got our snow tires on (many will be caught without having put tires on yet). I am preaching tomorrow at our church here in Prague where we attend. Its the first time I have preached here in the Czech in seven years as opposed to preaching all over Europe (and Canada). We are all well and celebrated Deann's birthday over the past two days. Back at it... now where is that snow shovel... I mean broom?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Carter Family.
Well in Nova Scotia we had a big snow storm on Sat. We all got lots of exercise using the shovels,lots of fun. Now the rain is here and the snow is disappearing. After the storm the snow was beautiful. Isn't that the way it is with life.
Love Bev and Donnie
Post a Comment