Wednesday, December 10, 2008

"14 sleeps dad!"

Hearing those words uttered from the back seat of the car on the way to school this morning, I felt the panic rise in my chest. "I'm not ready" was my first response, Christmas letter to write..., gifts to buy, meetings impending, work piling up, year end stuff. Then I realized that Christmas comes whether we are ready or not, just as Jesus will come whether we are ready or not. Time has no restrictions when it comes to divine time. I wish that time could stand still, but for how long? For what purpose? As I wax eloquent this Christmas and I ponder what a full year its been I give thanks for His providence. What an amazing God we serve. In the midst of busyness may "time stand still" even for a few moments this Christmas to reflect on His wonderful love and provision and His care into a new year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder Jeff but I think I am ready - John isn't if that helps.
Take care
Jane