I am a proud Canadian. I love my country. I have relatives that fought for the freedom of my country and the rest of the free world. I perhaps was not as nationalistic until I left "home". It was looking at Canada from the outside that I realize two things. We are a relatively small player on the world stage compared to our neighbors to the South. I am a citizen of the world and love the uniqueness of the variety of cultures that make up Europe and the rest of the world. Canada is the best of all those cultures because we are a country of immigrants each bringing the flavor from our respective countries to make Canada what it is today. What is happening to Canada today in our current political crisis boggles my mind. Canada recently reelected a Conservative government. Things have not been great, anywhere in the world economically, yet Canada has done well against all odds. Banks were given a green light and where the strongest in the world, job losses were at a minimum to the rest of Europe and the USA. Our economy is not great but its not like the other countries. Yet, in the wisdom of greedy politicians. we find ourselves as a nation, facning a coup de ta by selfish posturing political parties. The Liberals (who were turfed for allegations of graft and corruption) partnering with the NDP (socialist ... ala communist party of Canada) and the Bloc Quebecois (French seperatist party) want to join together in a marriage of convenience to overthrow what is basically a stable government. The three most unlikely parties to decide they can put aside their agenda want to rule Canada. What is so disconserting to me is that the Bloc want Canada to fall part and to seperate so they will gladly support the overthrow of the Conservatives. So what is going on? What is the agenda? Why now when the world is a mess economically and we stood a chance to survice it? Now? who knows? our stock market dropped the lowest in the history of the country after this started. O Canada... I am praying for you.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
O Canada?
I am a proud Canadian. I love my country. I have relatives that fought for the freedom of my country and the rest of the free world. I perhaps was not as nationalistic until I left "home". It was looking at Canada from the outside that I realize two things. We are a relatively small player on the world stage compared to our neighbors to the South. I am a citizen of the world and love the uniqueness of the variety of cultures that make up Europe and the rest of the world. Canada is the best of all those cultures because we are a country of immigrants each bringing the flavor from our respective countries to make Canada what it is today. What is happening to Canada today in our current political crisis boggles my mind. Canada recently reelected a Conservative government. Things have not been great, anywhere in the world economically, yet Canada has done well against all odds. Banks were given a green light and where the strongest in the world, job losses were at a minimum to the rest of Europe and the USA. Our economy is not great but its not like the other countries. Yet, in the wisdom of greedy politicians. we find ourselves as a nation, facning a coup de ta by selfish posturing political parties. The Liberals (who were turfed for allegations of graft and corruption) partnering with the NDP (socialist ... ala communist party of Canada) and the Bloc Quebecois (French seperatist party) want to join together in a marriage of convenience to overthrow what is basically a stable government. The three most unlikely parties to decide they can put aside their agenda want to rule Canada. What is so disconserting to me is that the Bloc want Canada to fall part and to seperate so they will gladly support the overthrow of the Conservatives. So what is going on? What is the agenda? Why now when the world is a mess economically and we stood a chance to survice it? Now? who knows? our stock market dropped the lowest in the history of the country after this started. O Canada... I am praying for you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well said Jeff, I have been e-mailing my little fingers off and trying to get my opinion heard. So the internet can be a blessing it enables me to stand up for democracy. Every politican in Ottawa has had my opinion in their mailbox. We need to pray hard for the evil forces to be defeated.
This is very frightening especially when one reads the words of the Bloc leaders as to what they intend to do. love Mom
Post a Comment