Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Singapore... the crystal city!

I have been here in Singapore as a member of the planning committee for the Baptist World Alliance team as we are here on site to continue our four year planning process for the next Baptist World Alliance World Youth Conference in 2013!  I am chairing the promotions committee and we have now a Facebook page (search for BWA WORLD YOUTH CONFERENCE - it is a group you can join!)

I have been working with a great team of people from around the world... and making some great contacts and friends.  God is going such amazing things around the world and its great to be a part of this committee as we plan for the next conference.

Singapore is a stunning city/state.  It is very tiny, its 4.5 million residents rests on 710 km square kilometers (that means you can put 108 "Singpores"to make up the size of the Czech Republic OR about 14,000 "Singapores" to make up 1 Canada!  So things are tight!  The people are wonderful and the whole country is built around service as they can not produce anything for the size and limitation of land.  This is a culture that is rich!  It is 80% English speaking population with Chinese, Malay and other languages spoken.  I have NEVER seen architecture like I have seen here.  The Baptist church is vibrant here and the people are so excited to host the conference...

Lots of work yet to do... more later!  Please pray for the rest of our ongoing planning as we prepare for the best Youth Conference yet.... PS   DID YOU KNOW that the FIRST BWA World Youth Conference started in Prague in 1934?

Cool!

No comments: