Saturday, April 7, 2007

Numb brain...

Its late (almost 11pm) and I am brain dead and dog tired. Deann fell into bed a while ago and her mother an hour before that. I spent evening with Zachary and just as I had to go the pain once again started to escalate and it was torture to leave him there (we were not allowed to stay past nine) so I sat in the car and talked him through his pain and the nurse gave him something that took an hour to settle in. I just got off the phone with him and he has not called back so I am praying the medication kicked in. This has to be the hardest thing I have faced in many years. How I wish I could make it all better. The little guy that is Zachary's age who was in intensive care is now in his room and I learned that he had been hit by a car going 40 km's an hour while he was crossing the street. The mother shared with me that he had a shattered leg and also some brain damage. He is a sweet kid and he and Zachary are coping together as best they can through the pain. They are becoming close. How thankful we need to be that we have our loved ones even through tragedy. I have learned from my dad yesterday that my grandmother is not well just the other night so please keep Corena in your prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart aches for you all. I cannot imagine the agony of having to leave your child when he is in pain. Does the hospital have no compassion for their young patients. I pray that God will sustain you during this terrible trial.

Linda

Jeff Carter said...

Hi Linda, yes it seems unfair at times. The age limit for allowing a parent to sleep in the room is age 6 so Zachary being 9 is not allowed that priviledge. I have to say the nurses have been pretty good and they have accomidated us in many ways... but rules are rules... we just have to do the best we can I guess... thanks for the note and prayers

Jeff