Thursday, May 31, 2007

Funeral Today...

I would give anything to be at my grandmothers funeral today. This is one of those "sacrifices" or times when living overseas has its draw backs. I know my whole family are together from across Canada and they will forgive me for being the only member of my family not present to honor her life. So as I spend some silent time in prayer and reflection for her, for my family... I thank God for the gift of life, her life, our lives.

Deann is really struggling. She can not sleep as the noise starts at 5am and people are very noisy all night because entire families stay at the center sometimes. Last night there was a party next door! We are all in pretty bad shape, but I worry for her. The therapy is hard on Zachary and his blood pressure dropped quite low today we are not sure why... could be the extreme therapy sessions (Deann likens it to torture) and being pummeled and twisted. We have since learned that the way he was casted was probably not the best way since this will hinder the healing process much longer. We are ready for a long, hard summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff,
Remembering you all at this time. Just when you think you have been stretched as far as you can go more trials enter the picture. What can one say? In years to come you will be able to look back on this trying time and see God's hand in all this but just now it is easy to ask why. He is present and cares deeply in the midst of troubling time. Love and Prayers Bev